CHOOSING ESSENTIAL OIL BRANDS
When choosing essential oils, we want to make sure that the oils are 100% pure, potent and sustainable. Most cosmetic essential oils are of poor quality, contain fillers and synthetic ingredients. These will provide little or no therapeutic benefits. You can tell the purity of oil by its intensity of odor, how the odor matures on evaporation and how well the volatile compounds diffuse into the air. However, the best way to really trust the brand you are purchasing from is if they provide a GC/MS report (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry), the batch number of the oil, the date of distillation, the country of origin and the expiration date of the oil. To make custom QI-ESSENTIAL blends, I source oils from a number of small batch companies that provide this information. One of the companies I source from is dōTERRA. dōTERRA produces safe and effective essential oils called Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG). CPTG essential oils are free from pesticides and chemicals, they are tested for correct composition, come from ideal environments and are skillfully extracted by expert distillers. CPTG essential oils are so pure that they can be taken internally, as an herbal supplement. If a GRAS essential oil label says that it cannot be taken internally it is most likely contaminated or synthetic. The dōTERRA brand of essential oils are not only safe and pure, they are also locally and sustainably sourced from their origin countries working closely from the farm to the bottle. No other company comes close to dōTERRA when it comes to working with local communities through their C.S.R. programs and Co-Impact Sourcing initiatives. This is why the company is slowly growing its selection of essential oils annually and not all of their essential oils are available year-round. In addition to a quality product, dōTERRA is committed to education and research. In just eight years dōTERRA has grown to be the largest essential oil company in the world with the largest date base of essential oil users and consumers in the world. This gives them the tools - financial freedom and data - to continue being the leader of the market. I love that dōTERRA’s goal is to revolutionize the essential oil business. The company owners are committed to quality and service, making them truly unique in the industry.
If you are interested in purchasing dōTERRA essential oils or learning how to integrate dōTERRA into your wellness lifestyle click here
THE dōTERRA MISSION STATEMENT
· We at dōTERRA are committed to sharing the life-enhancing benefits of therapeutic-grade essential oils and essential oil enhanced wellness products with the world. We will do this by:
· Discovering & Developing the world’s highest -quality, therapeutic- grade essential oil products through a leveraged network of highly educated and experienced botanists, chemists, health scientists and health-care professionals.
· Producing our essential oil products to the highest standard of quality, purity and safety used in the industry - CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade ®
· Distributing our products through Independent Product Consultants who, working from home, introduce, educate, and sell dōTERRA wellness products locally through person-to-person contact and globally through personalized web shopping sites.
· Providing educational opportunities for all people interested in learning how therapeutic-grade essential oils can be used as a self-care wellness alternative
· Bringing together health care professionals of traditional and alternative medicine to encourage further study and application of therapeutic-grade essential oils in modern health-care practices.